"Italian for fun, Italian for life"
The Italian American Academy is a non-profit Italian Language School for children whose goal is to
preserve and promote the Italian language and culture. We engage with children
of all nationalities and ages-ranges through our unique, passionate and
creative teaching approach and wide variety of courses. Classes run 5 days a
week from three convenient locations serving all of San Diego: The JCC in UTC,
The San Diego French American School in La Jolla and the ICC in Little Italy.
New 2015-2016 class schedule for JCC and ICC locations:
For beginner and intermediate speakers
- IFL (Italian as foreign language) dei piccoli (4-6 years old)
- IFL (Italian as a foreign language) for elementary school students (2nd - 5th grade)
- IFL (Italian as a foreign language) for middle school students (6th - 9th grade)
For advanced and native speakers
- Lingua e Cultura Italiana dei Piccoli (4-6 years old)
- Lingua e Cultura Italiana (livello 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Parent & Me I (1-3 years old)
- Parents & Me II (3-5 years old)
- Cook & Play Italian (TK - 3rd grade)
- Italian through Art (Kindergarten - 5th grade)
- Italian trough Soccer (Kindergarten - 5th grade)
Why learn Italian?
- Children receive all the benefits of an international education
- Encourages children to be open minded
- Fosters understanding, appreciation and respect for differences
- Increases self confidence in social interaction
- Improves interpersonal skills
- Enhances memory and cognitive skills
- Fosters adaptability to new situations and contexts
- Provides better economic and employment opportunities in the future
- Preserves children’s source of pride in the language of their parents or grandparents
- It’s fun!
We work to connect:
San Diego and Italy by working closely with academic advisers, teachers and artists in Italy
Our native speakers' and beginners' groups by working on multidisciplinary projects
Italian culture and all families interested in receiving the gift of international education regardless of their heritage
old and new generations of Italians
our children and all major Italian Associations in California by organizing joint programs and events
Non discriminatory policy
The Italian American Academy of San Diego admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Likewise, the Italian American Academy does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, handicap, race, color and national and/or ethnic origin.