"Italian for fun, Italian for life"
The Italian American Academy is a not-for-profit organization of parents and educators whose ultimate goal is to preserve and promote the Italian language and culture with a wide variety of cultural activities and classes engaging with passion and creativity children of different nationalities and ages.
Now enrolling: December 15th trought December 30th.
Parents and Me (winter session)
IFL elementary (at the San Diego French American School, Italian Cultural Center and JCC locations)
IFL middle school (at the San Diego French American School and Italian Cultural Center locations)
Why learn Italian?
- Children receive all the benefits of an international education
- Encourages children to be open minded
- Fosters understanding, appreciation and respect for differences
- Increases self confidence in social interaction
- Improves interpersonal skills
- Enhances memory and cognitive skills
- Fosters adaptability to new situations and contexts
- Provides better economic and employment opportunities in the future
- Preserves children’s source of pride in the language of their parents or grandparents
- It’s fun!
We work to connect:
San Diego and Italy by working closely with academic advisers, teachers and artists in Italy
Our native speakers' and beginners' groups by working on multidisciplinary projects
Italian culture and all families interested in receiving the gift of international education regardless of their heritage
old and new generations of Italians
our children and all major Italian Associations in California by organizing joint programs and events
Non discriminatory policy
The Italian American Academy of San Diego admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Likewise, the Italian American Academy does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, handicap, race, color and national and/or ethnic origin.